Check out the 2014 results
Trailing by almost 3 minutes after the 2 km swim (28:45), Sanders hammered out a sizzling 2:01:26 ride over the 92 km course to lead by over 7 minutes going into the two loop half marathon which featured two passes by the majestic Niagara Falls. Hoping to get in some specific pace work for his upcoming Ironman Florida event, Sanders changed his mind and threw down a 1:11:35 run to claim the victory in 3:44:55 along with the title of Ontario Long Course Triathlon Champion. Toronto’s Nigel Gray took second in 4:01:19, and Orangeville’s Richard Pady finished third (4:05:00).
Niagara Falls Barrelman Triathlon (2 km swim, 92 km bike, 21.1 km run) – Top 5 Men
- Lionel Sanders (Hamilton, ON) 3:44:55
- Nigel Gray (Toronto) 4:01:19
- Richard Pady (Orangeville) 4:05:00
- Jim Sunners (Niagara Falls) 4:28:00
- Nigel Roedde (Hamilton) 4:28:45
Making her long distance triathlon debut, Marchant stayed within 1 minute of swim leader Angela Quick (26:08), then got to the front of the race during the bike (2:27:32) and managed to stay there despite Paolina Allan’s top split of 2:25:28. From there, Marchant literally ran away with the title with the top run of 1:20:51 to grab the title and finish fourth overall in 4:19:08, also earning the Ontario Champion’s crown. Allan of Aurora, who won the Centurion C100 last week, claimed second (4:38:40), and St. George’s Quick held on for third (4:58:18).
Niagara Falls Barrelman Triathlon (2 km swim, 92 km bike, 21.1 km run) – Top 5 Women
- Kristen Marchant (Newmarket, ON) 4:19:08
- Paolina Allan (Aurora) 4:38:40
- Angela Quick (St. George) 4:58:18
- Sheila Treleaven (Grimsby) 5:03:35
- Tanya Philp (Milton) 5:06:11
* The Triathlon offered competitors 3 qualifying spots per age group for the 2015 ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championship in Sweden. Visit Triathlon Ontario for details on how to claim your spot.
Daryl Flacks of Windsor (4:01:37) and Lauren Allen of New Vienna, USA (4:47:05) won the Bike/Run event (92 km bike, 21.1 km run).
Niagara Falls Barrelman Bike/Run (92 km bike, 21.1 km run) – Top 5 Men
- Daryl Flacks (Windsor, ON) 4:01:37
- Parichit Bagga (Toronto) 4:09:43
- Nick Garbett (Seguin) 4:42:21
- Barry Richards (Toronto) 5:04:05
- Matt Tribe (Oakville) 5:06:39
Niagara Falls Barrelman Bike/Run (92 km bike, 21.1 km run) – Top 5 Women
- Lauren Allen (New Vienna, USA) 4:47:05
- Nicole Stevenson (Toronto) 5:07:01
- Lesley Given (Grimsby) 5:13:50
- Vicki Mayberry (Ingersoll) 5:35:59
- Chantal Lefebvre (Ottawa) 5:50:43
Toronto’s David Levy (3:10:22) and Melanie Nickou of Erie, USA (3:27:16) won the 2 km Swim, 92 km Bike race.
Niagara Falls Barrelman Swim/Bike (2 km swim, 92 km bike) – Top 5 Men
- David Levy (Toronto, ON) 3:10:22
- Michael Parker (Oakville) 3:12:33
- Rob Wheeler (Mississauga) 3:14:26
- Ken Staples (London) 3:17:52
- Kenny Johnston (Pickering) 3:20:02
Niagara Falls Barrelman Swim/Bike (2 km swim, 92 km bike) – Top 5 Women
- Melanie Nickou (Erie, USA) 3:27:16
- Michelle Martin (Kitchener, ON) 3:31:51
- Christina Chrysler (Ancaster) 3:37:40
- Cheryl Parsons (Sarnia) 3:38:57
- Christine Nestor (Erie, USA) 3:44:21
Remember to post the pictures you took with the Inflatable Timex Watch and post it to #barrelman or the MultiSport Canada Facebook Page. You could win one of the Timex® Ironman® Run x20 GPS watches, not yet available in stores.
You can view a replay of the Live Coverage by clicking on the CoveritLive logo above.
Full Results are available at Sportstats
You’ve done this epic race or will do so in 2015. Pick up some of this awesome assortment of Barrelman apparel from Champion System to celebrate your accomplishment or to train in as you prepare for your race.
|Run Course Sponsor||Timing Sponsor||Bike Course Sponsor|
|Swim Course Sponsor||Nutrition Sponsor||Compression Sponsor|