The Half Duathlon 1st Run details have been added to our Course Details page.
Here is the summary.
Duathlon 1st Run Description
The Duathlon will start at 9:20AM. That ensures that all swimmers are in the water before the start and that the majority of runners should be down to the 2km mark before the 1st bikes reach that point; which is at 2.5km in on the bike.
- START is just North of the Swim Exit on the paved path system of the Welland Recreational Waterway by the Wellness Centre
- Travel South on the paved path for 750m until the path ends at Canal Bank Rd
- Continue South on Canal Bank Rd passing Ontario St. just before 1km and continue South on Canal Bank before turning 180deg back onto the paved path at 2km to return North
- Once back onto the paved path and heading North, continue back to Ontario St. and turn LEFT to head West over the bridge.
- Once over the bridge on the West side of the Waterway, Turn RIGHT to head North on the paved path to Lincoln St. and Turn RIGHT
- Cross-over the Waterway on the Lincoln St. bridge and then Turn RIGHT to head South on the paved path and pass-by the Start.
- Then Turn LEFT and join-in with the swimmers from the Triathlon and proceed to T1