What if I want to change races?
If you have already registered for a race and need to change to another race we will do so with the following conditions.
Change inside the Same Event – For $10.00 you can change races (e.g. Tri to Aqua Bike) inside the same event within Race Roster
Transfer your Entry to Another Person – For $50.00 you can transfer your entry to another person within Race Roster
Defer to Next Season – For $85 you may defer/credit your entry for a maximum of One (1) Year or Event season
- Any Transfers or Deferrals MUST be completed One (1) Week prior to an event
- If there is a difference in the registration fees, you will need to pay the difference plus the transfer fee
- If there is no difference in the registration fees, you will need to pay the transfer fee
- If you are transferring to a lower-priced race, no refunds will be issued
- With all refunds, the participant will be required to pay the processing fee
- Deferral credits cover race fees only. Triathlon Ontario one-day fees and processing fees will not be included in your credit.
- Deferral credits must be applied before registration closes to ensure an entry slot.
What is the refund policy?
Our refund policies were designed to be fair to everyone.
We will grant refunds for medical reasons (e.g. significant injury, severe illness, etc.) ONLY as follows:
- Up to Eight (8) Weeks prior to an event, we will be able to offer a 75% refund
- Up to Six (6) Weeks prior to an event, we will be able to offer a 50% refund
- Up to Three (3) Weeks prior to an event, we will be able to offer a 25% refund
- There will be No Refunds for any reason within Three (3) Weeks of any event
No refunds if event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
What happens if the weather is bad? i.e. rain and/or lightning?
We will do whatever it takes to ensure that all races will go on but safety always comes first. Here is what may happen in the case of inclement weather.
In the event of light to moderate rain, and the absence of any lightning, our goal would be to proceed with the scheduled event as long as road conditions are safe, especially in the case of the bike course. If there is lightning in the area, the event may be placed on hold. The hold will be kept in place until we are certain that the weather has passed or has changed course and we will not be affected. If lightning is still in the area or a possibility we will consider canceling the swim and converting the race into a Duathlon run) or Bike/Run.
If after one hour of a weather hold all three portions of the event are determined to be unsafe, the event may be cancelled. The hold may be extended after taking into consideration other safety factors such as:
- Other scheduled events at the locations
- Increasing traffic on bike and run courses as the day progresses
- Paid duty police schedules
- EMS and medical support schedules
- Race venue permit limitations
With all of our events taking place outdoors, the weather conditions can play a big factor in every race. A large portion of the race fees collected have already been allocated and used by race day and as such there will be no refunds because of a weather cancellation. Registered participants will still receive their long sleeve shirt and race kit.
Thank you for your understanding these policies.
There will be no refunds if it becomes necessary to cancel the swim due to low water temperature.