What if I want to change races?
If you have already registered for a race and need to change to another race we will do so with the following conditions.
- If there is a difference in race fees you will have to pay the difference + a $10 administration fee.
- No refunds will be issued if you are transferring to a lower priced race.
- No changes will be made after Monday of race week.
You can transfer a registration to another person prior to the Monday of race week. The price of transferring an entry is $50 + HST.
The cost for deferral is $75 CAD.
- If you find you are unable to participate you may defer your race entry to the following season.
- The credit only covers the race fee. Triathlon Ontario one-day fees, processing fees, and online registration fees will not be included in your credit.
- The athlete’s entry slot is not guaranteed. Deferred athletes will not be allowed to register if the race closes before the athlete attempts to enter.
- You may defer your race entry until prior to the Monday of race week.
What is the refund policy?
Our refund policies were designed to be fair to everyone.
Refunds will only be granted for medical reasons. There will be 75% refunded 8 weeks prior to race, 50% refunded 6 weeks prior to race, 25% refunded up to 3 weeks prior to race. There will be no refunds for any reason within 3 weeks of any race.
No refunds if event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
What happens if the weather is bad? i.e. rain and/or lightning?
We will do whatever it takes to ensure that all races will go on but safety always comes first. Here is what may happen in the case of inclement weather.
In the event of light to moderate rain, and the absence of any lightning, our goal would be to proceed with the scheduled event as long as road conditions are safe, especially in the case of the bike course. If there is lightning in the area, the event may be placed on hold. The hold will be kept in place until we are certain that the weather has passed or has changed course and we will not be affected. If lightning is still in the area or a possibility we will consider canceling the swim and converting the race into a Duathlon run) or Bike/Run.
If after one hour of a weather hold all three portions of the event are determined to be unsafe, the event may be cancelled. The hold may be extended after taking into consideration other safety factors such as:
- Other scheduled events at the locations
- Increasing traffic on bike and run courses as the day progresses
- Paid duty police schedules
- EMS and medical support schedules
- Race venue permit limitations
With all of our events taking place outdoors, the weather conditions can play a big factor in every race. A large portion of the race fees collected have already been allocated and used by race day and as such there will be no refunds because of a weather cancellation. Registered participants will still receive their long sleeve shirt and race kit.
Thank you for your understanding these policies.
There will be no refunds if it becomes necessary to cancel the swim due to low water temperature.